The Electronic Documents Archive (EDA), polish: Archiwum Dokumentów Elektronicznych (ADE), is an ICT system enabling the transfer, preservation, long-term storage of archival materials in electronic form, and making them available for use”.
The EDA system is used by:
- Institutions (state, local government and private) – to transfer archival materials in electronic form to the State Archives;
- Individuals – to transfer archival materials in electronic form to the State Archives;
- State Archives – to acquire archival materials in electronic form, secure and preserve them on a long-term basis;
- Users (all interested persons) – to review archival materials in the system.
The EDA system has been created with the following in mind:
- Institutions (state, local government) producing and storing electronic documentation that constitutes archival materials to be taken over by the State Archives,
- Private entities and individuals wishing to transfer archival materials in electronic form to the State Archives,
- National Archives, which should have the appropriate tools to acquire, secure, store and make available archival materials in electronic form,
- Users who would like to browse the archival materials available in the system.
The EDA system consists of 4 portals:
- Public Portal – an information website,
- Portal for Units – intended for employees of units required to transfer archival materials to the State Archives (or those who wish to do so),
- Archivist Portal – intended for employees of the State Archives and enabling them to transfer archival materials.
- Administrator Portal – dedicated to EDA system administrators.